Five years ago, I got the idea for CENTS.
Four years ago, I wrote the first draft of CENTS.
Three years ago, I rewrote, rewrote, and rewrote CENTS, and Ella Sitkin came on board to join me as producer.
Two years ago, the screenplay for CENTS was named an Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting semifinalist.
Since the end of our Kickstarter campaign, we have:
- put together additional financing
- hired our line producer and department heads
- cast our main talent
- rewritten the script (again, and again, and again)
- worked on legal paperwork
- scouted locations
- created shot lists
- drawn story boards
- debated the necessity of specific scenes and characters
- squeezed the budget down to point where we can make this happen
- talked to other filmmakers about their journeys
- created shoot schedules
- rearranged shoot schedules based on locations
- locked locations
- hired the rest of our crew
- designed sets
- built sets
- gotten creative with the budget so we can be creative with our film
- and much, much more...
Now, in less than ten days, we begin principal photography on CENTS.
This is happening.
We still have so much work to do, but we have an amazing and dedicated local crew working everyday here in Albuquerque, New Mexico to make CENTS a reality. And we have a vibrant cast eager transform the words on the page into their performances on screen.
Let's make CENTS.